Universal Exit and Reactivate

If a strategy is set to Reactivate on exit after 2 minutes, will it reactivate if the strategy exits based on Universal Exit condition?

1 Like

hi, yes it will. Have great trading day ahead.

1 Like

What should I do to avoid reactivation after reaching a set PnL?

1 Like

this is used for universal condition.

So, use pnl keyword in universal exit.

2 Likes

Are you saying even if the Exit condition of a Set is satisfied, the strategy continues to run to take more Entries if Reactivate is set to Never? I thought Reactivate is required is position is closed by the Exit condition of a Set as well.

1 Like

As far as I have observed in my strategies the reactivate option applies to universal exit only. So you can use PNL condition in universal exit and have it reactivated after 6 hours.

1 Like

In case you need to exit with other conditions and reactivate but it should not reactivate if the PNL goes above a particular value. Use PNL in entry conditions.

e.g. if you do not want to take positions after your PNL goes above 6000 and your entry condition is MA crossover it could look something like:

if you also wish to limit the loss add another condition where PNL > -2000, so now trades will be taken only when PNL is between -2000 & +6000

2 Likes