Status always gets stuck at live - entered

After exiting a trade my strategy always gets stuck at live - entered. It doesn’t change to active and I always have to manually exit and reactivate the strategy to make it live again.

Update: I have now observed some time it works fine, still at least 2-3 times a day this issue is persistence.

I have not used repair conditions in my strategy. I only have entry, exit and universal exit.

I would appreciate any pointers towards fixing this.

Thanks,
Tejas

1 Like

If the strategy exit thru repair once instead of universal exit it will stay as live entered…But will still check for entry conditions.

It doesn’t seem to be happening for set exits though. Most of my exits are happening through set exit. My universal exit only contains one condition that is time > 1515.

Its very cumbersome because even after setting up algo you have to keep checking constantly for the discrepancy. As opposed to error you don’t get any alerts in this case.

1 Like

Probably you can check for set exit execution and trigger universal exit.But it will reset all the pnl calculation in the next start.

Thank you. I am exploring this recommendation. Though I still wonder why any additional fixing required. I am also referring to some other posts where Sharad ji has given some suggestions.

It will take reentry if your entry condition is satisfied…If it is not taking trades then your entry condition only need fixing.

I understand what you are saying but from my experience the status stays in live - entered even if there are no open position in any of the two sets I have. My observation is that after the position is exited, status some how doesn’t get updated and stays stuck in live - entered.

Both set entries have a check of total quantity = 0 to make sure only one set takes entry at a time and I am somehow wondering if TT isn’t updating exit quantity even after the exit is done and no position is open, but still all quantity is not zero.

Let me run my strategy running unattended tomorrow without manually changing live - entered to exit and reactivate. I will update.

Thanks a ton for the quick guidance :pray:t3: greatly appreciate it!

1 Like

It works! Though status remains in live - entered, there isn’t really causing any functional issues. It’s just that it creates this confusion that something is wrong.

Thanks a lot for your help Satya.

yes, it is confusing at times. Only support team can explain and try sending email to support .

Did you get any solution please tell me. Same thing is happening with me

Hi, did you find any solution? I am facing same problem currently.

Possible solution in this video.

1 Like