Open short positions check for entry

Hi, I have a positional short strangle for which I take overnight hedges as protection. As part of my SL logic it is possible to square off a leg in the strangle and if this happens I don’t want to buy the overnight hedge of that specific leg. Based on my understanding of the positions detail keyword I thought it can be used for my use case but seems it doesn’t work here. So what else can I use to check for open CE or PE short positions in my hedge buying entry?

so you have two set. one for selling and in set 2 you are buying hedge. but not able read position detail of set 1 ?

Yes sir. Positions detail keyword is not returning the right expected values and I was informed by tradetron support that it can’t be used in the way I am trying. It can’t return just a PE or CE leg positions count.
I was told to use variables for my use case. I use the flag method to set/unset the variables to track if I have open short positions. It is clumsy and I really hope tradetron team can add this feature of checking for open short or long positions in the platform itself.