How to Select Strike based on Spot Index? Also OTM and ITM strikes based on Spot Index?

The below video will help you select strike based on Spot Index Value:

The following video also explains how to select OTM, or ITM Strikes based on Spot:

To Select 1 Strike OTM from Spot Index for NIFTY BANK Call Option, you can use the following formula in ‘Strike Fx’ section of Position Builder:

To Select 1 Strike ITM from Spot Index for NIFTY BANK Call Option, you can use the following formula in ‘Strike Fx’ section of Position Builder:

For Puts, the construction is exactly the opposite:
To Select 1 Strike OTM from Spot Index for NIFTY BANK Put Option, you can use the following formula in ‘Strike Fx’ section of Position Builder:

To Select 1 Strike ITM from Spot Index for NIFTY BANK Put Option, you can use the following formula in ‘Strike Fx’ section of Position Builder:

To Select Strike 2 strikes away for call on the basis of current Nifty 50 Spot Index:

How can i Find Nifty 50 strike in multiple of 100 which has LTP more than 50

ROUND, FIND STRIKE with BASE 100 should do that. Find Strike, ltp, number (50), used with result field as ‘greater’ will chose strike with ltp 50 or more. If that strike happens to be in multiple of 50, Round function will round it up only (and not down) to 100.

Hi, I have created position builder for USDINR using the ROUND function to get ATM strikes based on spot. But trades are not triggering. Here’s what my position builder looks like.

As soon as I change it to ATM only, trades are getting executed. Not sure what am I doing wrong.

Hi Nelson,

I need to Check ORB Open Price of Nifty 50 spot (09:15 to 09:29) and construct Condition Builder in Options with Strike price as ORB open of Nifty spot, If LTP of Option (with strike price as Nifty 50 ORB open) cross below the ORB Low of the Option (with strike price as Nifty 50 ORB open), then it should take the trade. I coded the below

But in above condition, only Option with Strike as ATM is checked and not the strike of ORB Open of Nifty 50 spot. But i need to select the Option with Strike as ORB Open (ORB from 09:15 to 09:29).

Basically my requirement is to build a condition builder with Option strike price as ORB Open (from 09:15 to 09:29) and check if LTP of PE Option with strike of ORB Open of Nifty Spot is lower than or equal to ORB of PE option with Strike of ORB Open of Nifty Spot.

Please advise.

@tradetron team, can you check on this and revert? I presume you dont have USDINR spot?

How to select ATM strddle strike having minimum price difference.
For ex. if ce-100,pe-110 and another is ce-105,pe-112,then system should pick ce-105,pe-112 ATM straddle only.

@Nelson
How to select ATM strddle strike having minimum price difference.
For ex. if ce-100,pe-110 and another is ce-105,pe-112,then system should pick ce-105,pe-112 ATM straddle only.

1 Like