How to create a strategy that runs only on expiry day and lets the position expire?

How to create a strategy that runs only on expiry day and lets the position expire?

I have created a set where the entry condition checks if it is expiry day and takes a position.
After that it lets the position expire.

In set exit I have a simple condition which checks if it is not expiry day then exit set.

However set exit is not getting triggered and hence set re-entry is also not happening on the next expiry day.

I have to manually exit the strategy and reactivate it.

I can see an entry made by tradetron at 4.15pm on expiry day closing the expired position, but set exit or set re-entry is not triggered again.

I dont want to have to manually exit and reactivate. Is there a way to do it automatically?

In this case ‘Set Exit with the condition non expiry day’ not required because your entry happens only on expiry day. So Set Exit condition never met.

For your strategy use ‘Universal Exit’ where you put condition time>1525 . So that your strategy exit at 3:25PM on the expiry day.

To avoid manual rest, use advanced setting where set strategy reentry as 12 hrs. That will make strategy active after 12 hrs and waits for expiry day to take entry.

I want to let the position expire. I don’t want to pay Rs. 20 brokerage for a position worth less than Rs. 20.

Okay. In the universal exit use any one of the below condition

day != Expiry day ( next day of expiry day strategy exits)
oR
Time> 1531 (after market close of expiry day strategy exits)

OR use Kotak Securities as Broker. 0 brokerage for intraday trading :slight_smile:

Yes in the end I was planning to do what you suggested in the universal exit day != expiry day.

However I have a different set for fin nifty and a separate one for bank nifty. But I think using universal exit should be workable.

Time > 1531 will not work because tradetron stops checking for conditions at 15.30. Does it work for you?

Thanks for the tip on kotak securities!

1531 time - i didn’t try. You must be right. It may not work.